Monday, September 12, 2011

LaLa Land Challenge - Use a Doily

This week at LaLa Land Crafts, we were challenged to use a doily. This is not really a challenge for me, as I love using doilies on my cards, such a great feminine touch. Here is my take for this week's challenge:
I used this gorgeous Bo Bunny paper, which I love the shabby chic feel of it. I did not want to cover it up too much, so I kept the embellies to a minimum. I added the doily behind the image, which I love to do, to just see a bit of it peeking out, so feminine. I picked Fancy Marci to use this week, as I love her and think she is just such a little lady, which was perfect for this shabby chic card.
I colored Marci with copics.
Skin - E21, E00, E000, R20, R30
Hair - E25, E31, E50
Dress - R02, R00, R0000, E44, E43, E42, E41
Shoes - E44, E43, E42, E40
I added some pretty Prima layered flowers with pearls. They are so delicate, such a great touch. I also thought a Tim Holtz Adage ticket was perfect for a sentiment, I distressed it a bit too.
I hope you will pop over to LaLa Land Crafts to see what my other teamies have come up with, as they are amazing!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:



1 comment:

  1. Dear Becca,
    I Just arrived at you blog. Oh my, do I love your art and creative mind! I'll be watching this blog closely, thank you for giving us so much of your time and mind. You make so wonderful and lovely works! I enjoyed the visit on your site. Many thanks for your beautiful inspirations!!
    Many warm Hugs from Marina from Germany
    I invited you gently to visit my creative Website: Bettyscardsandpaperdesign.com

    ReplyDelete