Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stick Pin Swaps - May and June

I have joined a couple of Stick Pin swaps for May and June, and wanted to post my finished products. I loved making these, and they are so super easy! They come out great no matter what, and are such a quick and simple project!
For May, the theme was Shabby Chic, so no bold colors. When I think Shabby Chic I think pastel, lace, black and pink, etc. SO that is the idea I tried to stick with on my pins.
For the packaging for my pins, I used some chipboard tags that I then covered with K&Company Shabby paper. I folded the paper so that there was a small "mountain peak" in the middle so that the pins could stick through and not move. I then wrapped some lace around the top of the tag. Super simple packaging, but looks good to store the pins.
I colored the pin heads with copic markers and used a variety of glass and metal beads on the pins. I love the way they came out.
For June, we had challenges for each pin in the set we were to create. One had to have a charm, one had to have flowers, One had to have a different bead cap, One had to sparkle, and the other had to made using NO beads at all.
Again, my packaging is a tag with K&Company BIG STack paper on it. Then I tied a ribbon and bow to finish it off. Super simple!
Again, I colored all the pin heads with copics. For the charm one, I used a Vintage Fan charm, for the flower one, I used some flower paper from October Afternoon and created flower charms using Tim Holtz fragment charms to hang off the sides. Then for the Unique Bead Caps, I found some metal ones at Joanne's that I thought were different and used them with the blue sparkle beads. Then the red one is the sparkle on, you cant really tell, but the yellow bead has sparkle and shine. Then, the last one, using no beads. I used buttons and a bow. First, I tied the bow with black silk ribbon, then added a vintage button, then two little black buttons on the bottom to hold the vintage button in place. I love how they all came out, very different.
I had such a blast learning something new, and creating these stick pins. They are super simple, yet so pretty and unique. Cant wait to use them on my cards. Hope you like them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment