Saturday, May 14, 2011

DCD Christmas Club DT - Tilda with Bling and/or Acetate front tutorial

This week at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club we have a great challenge for you. This week my teamie, Karen, has given us a fantastic tutorial on how to make a acetate front card. We also are throwing in an extra challenge of using Tilda with some bling. This card was really fun to make, and super easy to follow the tutorial.
I used a Heartfelt Creations stamp for the Wintery background scene, and paired it up with Tilda with Winter Light. I thought they looked great together, like Tilda is preparing to leave the cabin for a night time walk. So cute!
I colored the scene and Tilda with copics:
Tilda -
Skin - E000, E00, E11, R32
Hair - E25, E31, E50
Coat, Hat, and tights - R29, R27, R24, R22, B0000 I added Frosted Lace Stickles to the fur on her coat and hat to make them look real and give added sparkle and interest.
Boots - E25, E31, E50
Lantern - E27, E23, E21, Y15, E35, E31
Background -
Mountains - B0000, W00, W1, W3
Grass and ground- G40, G82, YG63, YG-3, G20, G24, G16, E33, E35, E23, E50
Trees - G16, YG63, G40, G24, E27
Cabin - E27, E23, E21
Sky - B0000, B91, W00, W1
I added bling to the bottom of the ribbons on each side of the panels, and to the bow centers on top. The acetate I used is actually a piece of a Prima Paintable, but I loved how the circle fit perfectly and showcased the scene.
I hope you will join us at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club these next two weeks and get a head start on your 2011 Christmas Cards with this fun Acetate card using Tilda and some bling!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is so intricate and pretty! We would love to feature this project on AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com. For more information, feel free to contact me - jlitz (at) primecp (dot) com. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete