Wednesday, March 16, 2011

House of Gilli DT - Pastels and Bling

This week over at House of Gilli, we are working with pastels and bling. Anyone who knows me, knows I am NOT a pastel fan, so when I saw this challenge topic, I cringed a little. LOL But really, I was worried that I would not be able to pull it off, it was definitely a challenge. But, I really do LOVE how this card turned out. It did not change my mind regarding pastel colors, but I am a fan of these Gilli stamps, and think the card as a whole turned out great!
I found these new papers by K&Company at my local Michael's. They are called Sweet Nectar, and I got them in the 6x6. I really like this paper pad, as it has so many different color options. There are pastels, but there are also some bright springy colors too. Gotta love it!
I chose Burlesque Gilli for this week. Isnt she a doll??!!! I colored her up with copics:
Skin - E000, E00, R20
Hair - E25, E57, E59 (I added a green prima mini flower to her hair, isnt it cute!)
Clothes - R00, R0000, R81
Shoes - W1, W00
Feather - G20, G21, G24, YG03, R81, R01
Background - W00, R0000, R01, YG03, R81, E51
I stickled everything I could get my hands on on this image for the bling. I also used my Atyou Spica pen in clear over the smaller areas for some added sparkle.
Here is the artsy view of my card. I finished off the card with some Wild Orchid flowers. Pink 25mm roses, and two-tone light pink 15mm roses. I also added some pink Recollection pearl swirls. The big pink bow is recycled from a gift I received for Valentine's day from my hubby. The ribbon was so pretty, I could not think to throw it away. I think the HUGE bow finishes off the card well.
I kept the inside of my card VERY simple. I used more of the design paper, and another pastel pink flower I found in my stash. I left a blank sentiment spot to write a personal note.
I hope you pop on over to Stamping Scrapping and pick up some Gillis of your own to play with, they are adorable, and perfect for every occasion. Then come on over to House of Gilli and join us for our challenges. You get two chances to win the fantastic prizes when you use a Gilli stamp.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Creatalicious - Two toned

1 comment:

  1. Adorable card, Becca! I've been browsing a bit and I just love your style! Congrats on your LOTV winning! Great card there too!
    I love your choice of colors in this one and your fabulous coloring! Also beautiful inside decoration!
    Hugs, Iulia

    ReplyDelete