Saturday, March 5, 2011

DCD Christmas Club - DT -Inspired by a Song

I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus, underneath the Christmas Tree last night........lalalala. Its kinda funny singing Christmas songs in my head in the beginning of March, but that is what I was doing while I was making this card. Our theme this week over at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club is... Inspired by a song.
I love this image from my teamie, Roberta, and could only think that it would be perfect for "I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus". Whatcha think?????
I used some of My Mind's eye Holiday paper stack, which I adore!!! It is so glittery and pretty (not sure of the pics pick up all the shimmer). I used some Wild Orchid Crafts flowers as an accent. I painted a 25mm white rose with Wheatfields Glimmer Mist to match the design paper, and added two 15mm red roses. I finished off the arrangement with two punched branches from my Martha Stewart branch punch, LOVE that thing.
I printed the sentiment from my computer, and then used my Magnolia Doohickey Vintage tag die to cut it out. I think it finishes off the card perfectly!
I colored up this cutie with copics.
Skin - E00, E000, R20
Hair - E25, E31, E27, E50
Coat - R29, R27, R24, R22, G24, G20, G21 ( I added Frosted Lace stickles to the fur around her coat. I LOVE this look, as it gives sparkle and dimension, while making it look like real fur.)
Hat - R29, R27, R24, R22, W1, W00, G24, G21, G20
Boots - W3, W1, W00
I distressed the image panel with a splatter stamp by Tim Holtz using Fried Brick Distress ink.
I hope you will join us this week at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club and pick out your fave Christmas tune to inspire your card!
I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Stamp Something - Digi day

5 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I love this card Becca ! What a cute image !! Gorgeous card :)).

    Hugs Monique

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, what a fun card x sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable Becca. She is so cute and sassy! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image!!!! Now I'm singing Christmas songs too!

    ReplyDelete