Saturday, December 4, 2010

DCD Christmas Club - DT - Santa's Sack


Here is my creation for this weeks challenge at Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club which is Santa's Sack. I used this cute Magnolia image, Cool Santa, along with the street corner wall. I love these two images together. Santa has had a hard day delivering presents to all the good little boys and girls, and needs to rest a bit! LOL Anyway, I love how this card turned out, and I hope you enjoy it too.I used my new My Minds eye paper collection for the background papers. I kept this card pretty simple, as the image was detailed and I did not want to take away from that.
I added some prima pointsetia flowers and glittery leaves to the corners of the card. I did not want too much, as I wanted the image to be the focal point of the card.
I colored this image with copics -
Santa:
Skin - E000, E00, R02
Suit & hat- R24, R27, R29
Belt, gloves, boots - C1, C3, C5, C7
Fur - B0000
Beard - W1, W0
Sac - E51, E33, E50

Wall:
Stones - C1, C3, C5
Wall - E33, E35,
Window - E25, E33, E27, E55
Glass - Y11, Y13

Road -
E33, E09, E08, E55

I also added stickles to the fur of Santa's coat and the window pane of the building for some added sparkle and interest.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Bizzy Bec's - Decmber Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment